Below is a map with the location of the design centers and R&D departments of the major motorcycle brands and some renowned independent design studios worldwide (non-exhaustive).
- Piaggio advanced design cente. USA / Pasadena CA. Design laboratory, trends and evolutions research centre for all the Piaggio Group product lines (Piaggio, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia).
- Honda R&D America. USA / Los Angeles. Develops new concepts and designs for future Honda automobiles, motorcycles and ATV.
- GK Design Internationa. USA / Garden Grove CA. California Design Studio. Market research, product planning and design production in the overall design fields.
- Kawasaki Motorcycle Corp. USA / Foothill Ranch, California. Brand improving, product development (ATVs, RUVs, watercrafts and utility vehicles) and sales planning.
- Polaris Industries. USA / Wyoming MN. Industrial Design team of Polaris Group (including Indian Motorcycle).
- Harley Davidson. USA / Milwaukee WI. Headquarter, design, R&D and factory.
- Zero Motorcycles. USA / Scotts Valley CA. Headquarter, design, R&D and factory.
- Honda Advanced Design Studio. USA / Los Angeles CA. Honda Acura automobile and mobility design concepts.
- Honda R&D. Brazil / São Paulo. Develops new concepts and designs for future Honda automobiles and motorcycles.
- Honda R&D Europe. Italy / Roma. Creates future Honda motorcycle design concepts.
- Chris Hennegan Design (CHD). UK / Kenilworth, Warwickshire. Motorcycle design Consultancy, styling and engineering.
- Renfrew Group International.UK /Leicester. Industrial design company.
- BMW Motorrad. Germany / Munich. Headquarter, design and factory.
- Kiska Designing Desire. Austria / Niederalm. Industrial design studio.
- KTM R&D Department. Austria / Mattighofen. Headquarter, R&D, racing, factory.
- Frascoli Design. Italy / Marnate. Motorcycle design studio.
- Yamaha Motor R&D Europe. Italy / Lesmo. Development processes for motorcycles and scooters mainly for European market but also for South American and Australia markets. Development process involves Product Planning, Styling, Engineering, Prototyping, and Testing.
- Piaggio Group. Italy / Pontedera. Headquarter and factory of Piaggio. Design and R&D of Aprilia and Moto Guzzi.
- Ducati. Italy / Borgo Panigale. Headquarter, R&D and factory.
- Benelli Q.J. Italy / Design and R&D.
- SWM Motorcycles. Italy / Biandronno. Design, R&D and factory.
- Betamotor. Italy / Rignano sull'Arno. Design, R&D and factory.
- Royal Enfield UK technology centre. UK / Bruntingthorpe. Global headquarters for product strategy, development, industrial design, research and programme management.
- Bimota. Italy / Rimini. Design and R&D.
- Triumph Motorcycles. UK / Hinckley. Head office, design and factory.
- Aprilia. Italy / Noale. Racing, R&D.
- Fantic Motor. Italy / La Sicilia. Design, R&D and factory.
- Moto Morini. Italy / Trivolzio. R&D, design.
- Centro Ricerche Castiglioni (CRC). San Marino / Valdragone. MV Agusta R&D and design studio.
- TM Racing. Italy / Pesaro. Design, R&D and factory.
- Energica Motor Company. Italy / Soliera. Design, R&D and factory.
- Vent. Italy / Introbio. Design, R&D and factory.
- KSR Group. Austria / Stratzdorf. Design center of KSR Group (Brixton, Malaguti).
- Hero Tech Center. Germany / Stephanskirchen. Development of new vehicle concepts and future technologies.
- India Yamaha Motor. India / Surajpur. Yamaha motorcycle R&D.
- Honda R&D India. India / Gurgaon. Develops new concepts and designs for future Honda motorcycles.
- TVS Motor Company. India / Hosur. R&D Styling Department.
- Yamaha Motor India. India / Gem Nagar. Research & Development.
- Yamaha Motor R&D Taiwan. Taiwan / Chunli City. Development of motorcycles, including product planning and styling.
- Honda Motorcycle R&D China. China / Shanghai. Develops new concepts and designs for future Honda motorcycles.
- Honda R&D Southeast Asia. Thailandia / Bangkok. Develops new concepts and designs for future Honda motorcycles.
- PT Honda R&D Indonesia. Indonesia / Jakarta. Responsible for the market research, concept development and styling design of Honda automobiles and motorcycles.
- Way Design. China / Shanghai. Design company concentrating in transportation design, including motorcycle, ATV and other special vehicles.
- Yamaha Motor R&D Shanghai. China / Shanghai. Focus on reflecting local needs promptly in product development. Develop its own mainly 100cc- to 250cc-class motorcycles and scooters, as well as develop related parts, to be manufactured in China.
- Honda Motorcycle R&D Center Asaka. Japan / Asaka. Develops new concepts and designs for future Honda motorcycles.
- Honda Motorcycle R&D Center Kumamoto. Japan / Kumamoto. Develops new concepts and designs for future Honda motorcycles.
- Kawasaki - Akashi Works. Japan / Akashi. Motorcycles, Jet Ski watercraft, ATVs (All-Terrain Vehicles), utility vehicles, general- purpose gasoline engines, portable generators, and transmissions.
- Suzuki Hamamatsu Factory. Japan / Hamamatsu. R&D and factory.
- Suzuki Motorcycle Technical Center. Japan / Iwata. Testing and development of motorcycles.
- Suzuki Shimokawa Proving Grounds. Japan / Shimokawa. Testing and development of motorcycles and automobiles.
- GK Dynamics. Japan / Toshima. Motorcycles design.
- Hero Motocorp R&D. India / Kookas. Center of Innovation and Technology (CIT).
Sources: Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, BMW Motorrad, Ducati, Piaggio Group, Polaris Group, Frascoli Design, Way Design, TVS Company, Hero Motocorp, GK Dynamics, KSR Group, Vent, Energica Motor Company, TM Racing, MV Agusta, Moto Morini, Fantic Motor, Triumph Motorcycle, Royal Enfield, Betamotor, SWM Motorcycles, Benello Q. J., KTM, Renfrew Group International, Chris Hennegan Design, Zero Motorcycles, Zero Motorcycles, GK Design.